Private Student Loans
College is expensive
It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a good paying job without a college education, and cost-prohibitive for many working families to send their children to college. That’s why we have partnered with Student Choice, a leading provider of students loans, to provide affordable financing options for our members. Getting an education is tough enough without drowning in debt, or stressing over financial hassles.
So how do you determine your cost of attendance, lower the cost, and fund college?
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance is the total amount needed for one year of college. This includes tuition and fees, housing, books, supplies, transportation, and other expenses. You will want to prepare to fund college for not just one year, but for each year you are in school. Discover your school’s cost of attendance at the National Center for Education Statistics.
Lower your Cost of Attendance
- Establish your chosen career field today so you don’t lose credits and money by switching majors. Don’t know what career you want? Visit www.mynextmove.org to research career options. This resource provides information on the education needed, job outlook, average salary of each career, and more.
- Choose the best education at the most affordable price based on your career, major, and location. Build a list of schools for side-by-side comparison at the National Center for Education Statistics, where you can find out how much your school costs, if your school is accredited, and more.
- Consider the price, safety, and value of living on-campus, off-campus, or at home.
Utliize Free and Federal Money
- FAFSA is your gateway to receiving federal, state, or college money – including scholarships, grants, and student loans.
- Scholarships and grants are great ways to receive FREE money that does not have to be repaid.
- Start a tax-advantaged 529 College Savings Plan. Contact MVCU Financial Advisor to learn more.
- Federal Work Study program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students on-campus.
- Subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans are low-cost options.
Fill in the College Funding Gap
After you have explored the options mentioned above, MVCU is here to help fill in any gaps for the remaining cost of college through Undergraduate Private Student Loans and Graduate Private Student Loans.
Student Loan Consolidation
Upon graduation, you can save money with a lower interest rate and eliminate the hassle of multiple student loans with Student Loan Consolidation.