Student Loan Refinance
Once you graduate, consolidating your student loans could help you save money, lower your interest rate*, and eliminate the hassle of multiple student loans.
- One easy payment to eliminate the hassle of multiple loans
- Fixed rate loan for 5 or 10 year term
- Variable rate loan for 5, 10 or 15 year term
- Borrow up to $100,000**
- Zero origination and prepayment fees and flexible repayment options
- Choose a graduated repayment option to enjoy lower initial monthly payments
- Earn a 0.25% rate deduction if enrolled in automatic payments during full repayment
*Subject to qualification
**Subject to qualification and annual credit review
Federal and Private Student Loans
You'll be able to consolidate both federal and private student loans. To view your federal student loans, go to the National Student Loan Data System. Click “Financial Aid Review” and then “Accept.” All other student loans are private and may be consolidated at a lower interest rate to save you money.
- Graduated from one of 2,000+ eligible colleges/universities
- Student and co-signer (if applicable) have a checking or savings account at MVCU or BCU
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Student or co-signer meets the income and credit score requirements***
Choose one of three repayment options:
- Full Deferment (deferred principal and interest): No required payments while in school plus six months grace period
- Pay Interest Only (deferred principal): Make interest-only payments while in school
- Full Payment: Make principal and interest payments while in school
Existing borrowers can switch repayment options by contacting UAS. Consider the additional graduated repayment option.
- Graduated Repayment Option: To help recent graduates with tight budgets, the first two years' minimum required payment is lowered.*
- Earn a 0.25% rate discount for graduates enrolled in automated payments in full repayment or graduated repayment option. Enroll at www.uasecho.com.
*Amortizes first 2 years’ payments over a 30-year period. The payment plan is then amortized over a period of 13 years for the remainder of the loan.
Co-signer Release Option
Co-signer’s responsibility can be removed after 60 months of full on-time repayments have been made post-graduation and the student meets income and credit score requirements.
Student Loan Debt
***Subject to change
IMPORTANT NOTICE: By refinancing federal student loans, you may lose certain borrower benefits from your original loans. These may include interest rate discounts, principal rebates, or some cancellation benefits that can significantly reduce the cost of repaying your loans. Please review this important disclosure for more information.