For added protection, Merrimack Valley offers Courtesy Pay on our Share Draft checking accounts.* We know that mistakes can happen and our goal is to save you from the embarrassment of a bounced check. Here's how it works:
Courtesy Pay Up to $500
- MVCU will allow members to overdraw their Share Draft checking account up to $500**
- Valid transactions include checks clearing, electronic (ACH) debits and pre-authorized check withdrawals
- The item/check is cleared, a fee of $27.00 is assessed, and there are no embarrassing returns**
How are items/checks paid?
- First, we'll clear against the available balance in your Share Draft checking account
- Next, we'll utilize any designated overdraft protection currently linked to your account (i.e. - overdraft protection from savings or overdraft line of credit)***
- Finally, we'll allow your account to overdraw up to $500***
Merrimack Valley is here to help you with your personal finances. Visit any branch location or call our Member Service Center at 1-800-356-0067, Option 8 to open your account today.
*Courtesy Pay will be activated upon completion of a 90 day probation period and review of your account.
**If you carry a negative balance for more than 30 days, we reserve the right to remove Courtesy Pay from your account.
***Upon reaching the transaction limit of 6 automated transfers per month set by Regulation D, Courtesy Pay will be activated.