Protecting our members and employees from Coronavirus
Important Information: Protecting you and our employees from Coronavirus
March 20, 2020:
We are committed to doing everything we can to keep you and our team safe while continuing to meet your banking needs. The best way to continue to bank safely is to use our flexible online and mobile banking options, or work with our Call Center Member Support Team by calling 800-356-0067. If this is not possible, we recommend using our drive-thru service. All of our branches have drive-thru service with the exception of the Methuen, Haverhill and Seabrook branches.
- Branches: In order to keep everyone safe and comply with state and federal requirements on social distancing, we will be making some temporary changes to the way we serve you. Beginning Monday, March 23rd, our in-branch services will temporarily be by appointment as we retrofit our branches to include equipment that allows us to safely serve you and protect our team. Once this equipment has been installed, our in-branch services will resume, albeit still following official social distancing guidelines. The above-mentioned equipment will include the installation of plexiglass safety screens at our teller lines and member service desks, as well as Ring video and audio doorbells to streamline member visits. As we complete this retrofit, the drive-thru will continue to be open to serve your needs. We believe that these additional precautions, along with our increased cleaning procedures, allows us to continue to serve our members safely throughout this period. Once the Pandemic period has ended, we will resume normal in-branch operations.
Temporary Branch and Drive-thru hours (starting March 23rd):
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
- Call 800-356-0067
- Select option 2, choose your branch, and you will be connected to a Member Support Representative
- Select a date and time for your branch visit
Appointments can be made during business hours beginning 9:00 a.m., Monday, March 23rd.
- Financial Assistance: If you are directly affected by COVID-19 and are experiencing hardship, please know that we are here for you and stand ready to assist you with financial obligation relief and assistance plans should they become necessary. Please do not hesitate to contact our Member Support Team at 800-356-0067.
- Beware of Scams: Unfortunately, during this difficult period, fraudsters are out there with a variety of scams from internet schemes, phishing emails or Coronavirus-related malware designed to infect your computers or steal personal data. Be especially mindful if you have elderly parents or grandparents who are targeted by these scams. More information is available from the Federal Trade Commission.
Merrimack Valley Credit Union (MVCU) and Bridgewater Credit Union (BCU), a Division of Merrimack Valley Credit Union is a financially sound institution with more than $100 million in net worth and very strong liquidity. With the current economic fluctuations in our nation, you are partnered with a strong financial organization and your money is (and always will be) completely safe and easy to access at all times. As a reminder, all of your deposits are 100% insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) and Massachusetts Credit Union Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC).
We will continue to keep you posted as things change. Be sure to check back for the latest information.
Thank you for your continued membership, and placing your trust with us.
John. J. Howard
March 13, 2020
Thank you for allowing us to be your financial partner. We understand the concern and uncertainty created by the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the United States and around the globe. Please let me assure you that the safety and wellness of our team and members is our #1 priority.
Throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been closely monitoring the situation and following the guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). We have taken precautionary steps to prevent the spread of the virus in all of our locations
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- We have increased frequent intra-day cleaning procedures with the use of stronger disinfectant products on high-touch surfaces throughout all of our branches and departments.
- Hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes are available in all of our office and branch locations.
- Our team has been educated on safety and prevention procedures, including not coming to work if they are sick.
- Non-essential business travel and conferences for staff have been suspended to avoid close contact in large groups.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Please know that our branch teams are available to serve you. At this time, we are keeping normal business hours at all of our branches.
- While it is not necessary to avoid in-branch transactions, we have various options that are designed to perform most transactions remotely and easily.
Online Banking through our website
Mobile banking through our app
Telephone banking by calling 800-356-0067, option 1
- For your convenience, we recommend members who are not already enrolled in Online and Mobile Banking do so in order to ensure easy access to your accounts. Also, for your well-being and the well-being of others, we encourage any members who feel sick, or who may have been exposed to COVID-19, to utilize our online options when possible.
- If you need to access cash, MVCU belongs to a network of more than 40,000 surcharge-free ATMs. You can find the nearest ATM here. If you are in need of a debit card, please contact our Member Support team at 800.356.0067.
MVCU provides all of our members with the best protection of both NCUA and MSIC deposit insurance, so all of your deposits with us are always safe, secure, and 100% insured - regardless of what is happening in the markets at any given moment in time.
If you are concerned about how your investments or 401(k) have been affected by the stock market fluctuations, we encourage you to speak with our experienced Financial Advisors.
- For members of Methuen, Lawrence, and Seabrook branch locations: Contact Alyson Quinnelly at 800.356.0067 ext. 22227
- For members of Haverhill, Plaistow, and North Andover branch locations: Contact Michael Daneau at 800.356.0067 ext. 22197
- For members in on the South Shore: Contact Ross DeLuca at 508-279-2404
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and keep you updated as needed. If you have any questions, please contact our Member Support Team at 800.356.0067 or email email@example.com.
Thank you again for allowing us to be your financial partner!
John J. Howard