Merrimack Valley Credit Union (MVCU) and Bridgewater Credit Union, a division of Merrimack Valley Credit Union (BCU), are here to help you continue your education. We offer Graduate Private Student Loan for students pursuing a master’s degree in a business program.
Graduate Business Student Loan
- Borrow up to $100,000 for a Graduate degree (Subject to qualification and annual credit review)
- Line of credit structure so you only apply once over your graduate career1.
- Competitive rates
- Over 2,000 4-year, not-for-profit public and private colleges and universities who participate in the federal student aid programs (Title IV)
- No origination or prepayment fees
- Co-borrower release option after 48 consecutive on-time payments and student meeting underwriting criteria on their own
- 20 or 25 year repayment (>< $40K)
- Full deferment available (maximum of 5 years + 6 month grace)
- Interest-only payments
- Graduated Repayment
- 0.25% rate discount for automatic repayment (ACH)
How It Works
Funds are given directly to your school for tuition and other expenses. If additional funds remain after tuition, fees, and other campus costs are paid, the school sends this money to the student for books, transportation, technology, and other expenses. You can then request additional funds as needed or pay back unused funds, so that you borrow exactly how much you need.
- Enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program at one of 2,000+ eligible colleges/universities
- Student and co-signer (if applicable) have a checking or savings account at MVCU or BCU
- Student meets the school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Student or co-signer meets the income and credit score requirements
Simply draw funds from your existing student loan line of credit. To request additional funds from your MVCU or BCU Graduate Private Student Loan, call the 24/7 Student Choice hotline phone number for assistance at 855-500-0357.
Choose one of three repayment options:
- Full Deferment (deferred principal and interest): No required payments while in school plus six months grace period
- Pay Interest Only (deferred principal): Make interest-only payments while in school
- Full Payment: Make principal and interest payments while in school
Existing borrowers can switch repayment options by contacting UAS. Consider the additional graduated repayment option.
- Graduated Repayment Option: To help recent graduates with tight budgets, the first two years' minimum required payment is lowered.
- Earn a 0.25% rate discount for graduates enrolled in automated payments in full repayment or graduated repayment option. Enroll at www.uasecho.com.
Co-signer Release Option
Co-signer’s responsibility can be removed after 48 months of full on-time repayments have been made post-graduation and the student meets income and credit score requirements.
- Subject to credit qualification and annual credit review. Must meet school's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
- See rates page for additional information, repayment examples, and important disclosures.
- Approved schools subject to change without notice
- Make sure to maximize all lower-cost sources of funding before considering a private student loan. For more information, check with your school's financial aid office or visit the Federal student aid website.