Undergraduate Private Student Loan
Affordable and Flexible Undergraduate Private Student Loan
Merrimack Valley Credit Union's Undergraduate Private Student Loan is designed to fill in any gaps in college funding.
- Borrow up to $75,000 for an Undergraduate degree (Subject to qualification and annual credit review)
- Line of credit structure so you only apply once over your undergraduate career. Line of Credit Features and Benefits
- Nearly 2,000 4-year, not-for-profit public and private colleges and universities who participate in the federal student aid programs (Title IV)
- Interest Rates as low as PRIME + 3.00% to 5.00%. Floor = 6.00%
- No origination or prepayment fees
- Co-borrower release option after 48 consecutive on-time payments and student meeting underwriting criteria on their own
- 20 or 25 year repayment (>< $40K)
- Full deferment available
- Interest-only payments
- Graduated Repayment
- 0.25% rate discount for automatic repayment (ACH)
Visit mvcu.studentchoice.org or call 855-500-0357 to apply or for additional information.
How It Works
Funds are given directly to your school for tuition and other expenses. If additional funds remain after tuition, fees, and other campus costs are paid, the school sends this money to the student for books, transportation, technology, and other expenses. You can then request additional funds as needed or pay back unused funds, so that you borrow exactly how much you need.
- Enrolled at least half-time in a 4-year degree-granting program at one of 2,000+ eligible colleges/universities
- Student and co-signer (if applicable) have a checking or savings account at MVCU
- Student meets the school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Student or co-signer meets the income and credit score requirements
Simply draw funds from your existing student loan line of credit. To request additional funds from your MVCU’s Undergraduate Private Student Loan, call the 24/7 Student Choice hotline phone number for assistance at 855-500-0357 .
University Accounting Service (UAS) is MVCU's student loan servicer. To view your account balance or make payments, visit the UAS website or call 800.723.2210.
Choose one of three repayment options:
- Full Deferment (deferred principal and interest): No required payments while in school plus six months grace period
- Pay Interest Only (deferred principal): Make interest-only payments while in school
- Full Payment: Make principal and interest payments while in school
Existing borrowers can switch repayment options by contacting UAS. Consider the additional graduated repayment option.
- Graduated Repayment Option: To help recent graduates with tight budgets, the first two years' minimum required payment is lowered.*
- Earn a 0.25% rate discount for graduates enrolled in automated payments in full repayment or graduated repayment option. Enroll at www.uasecho.com.
Co-signer Release Option
Co-signer’s responsibility can be removed after 48 months of full on-time repayments have been made post-graduation and the student meets income and credit score requirements.