Digital Technology Upgrade
Bank Easier with better digital banking technology
You asked for better tools and technology - we listened! We are excited to bring you a new level of banking experience with more features and more convenience! Below are the important details you need to know to ensure a smooth transition to the new platform. Please check back often for updates.
Online Banking Registration Required
Register from your desktop or the Mobile Banking App
- Go to the Home Page and enter your username
- Enter your current username
- Enter your temporary password:
- Personal Accounts: Use the last 6 digits of your Social Security Number followed by your 4-digit birth year. Example: 0000001976.
- Business Accounts: Use the last 6 digits of the TaxID followed by the ZIP code of your business.
- NOTE: If you are a secondary account holder, you will be able to register for your own login credentials two weeks after the upgrade. For security reasons, members should never share login credentials with other people, including joint account holders.
- Click Login.
- The new platform will require a validation code. The screen will show the email and phone number we have on file for you.
- Please choose where you would like the validation code sent: email, text, or phone call.
- Retrieve the validation code and enter it where prompted on the screen.
- You will be immediately prompted to change your password. This will now be your password for both Online and Mobile Banking. Please check the box to remember the device you use.
- Validate your contact information. If either your email address or phone number was out of date, now is your chance to update it.
- Agree to the online banking agreement and PDF confirmation. To ensure you are able to view important disclosures and documents, you will need to confirm your device's ability to open these types of documents.
- iPhone: Your mobile banking app will automatically update when the new platform launches. You do not have to download the app again.
- Android phone: You have to delete your old mobile app and download the new app.
If you have not used mobile banking, simply download Merrimack Valley Credit Union's mobile app on your phone.
What to do before and after the upgrade
Before the Upgrade:
- Ensure that your contact information is accurate by updating your profile on online or mobile banking. If we do not have a valid email or cell phone number for you, you will have problems logging in for the first time.
- Check your browser for compatibility. See the list of compatible browsers below.
- Be aware of the username(s) and the accounts you are primary or joint on.
- If you use Bill Pay, review your payee information.
After the Upgrade:
- Register from your desktop or the Mobile Banking App. If you're using an Android phone, delete your old app before you download your new mobile app.
- Review the list of accounts associated with your Social Security Number.
- Recreate your alerts under Notifications.
- Grant shared access to others you trust with full or restricted access.
- Link your accounts from other Financial Institutions to see your entire financial picture.
- Check your FICO score.
- Try out all of the convenient features available on the new platform.
These transactions and resources will transfer to the new platform:
- Scheduled and recurring bill payments
- Bill payee information
- Scheduled online transfers
Although we have tried to make this upgrade as smooth as possible for you, some information cannot transfer over to the new platform. If these are features that you use, you will need to set them up once you are on the new platform.
- Shared Access login credentials
- Budgets and savings goals
- eBills - please wait 2-3 weeks after the upgrade to set up eBills again
- PopMoney (for MVCU users) - will be replaced by Zelle later in the year
- Links to Outside Accounts (for former Bridgewater Credit Union users) - you will need to set up accounts from other financial institutions again
Your scheduled and recurring bill payments will continue to be processed. However, since we are consolidating our bill payment providers for both Merrimack and former Bridgewater members, there will be some small differences. The payment method in some cases (check vs. electronic) may change because of the new bill payment vendor. The payment will be deducted from your account on the date you schedule the payment to be sent, not the date the company receives the payment.
We recommend that all bill payment users review their payees to make sure that the information is up-to-date. Out-of-date payee names and billing information can result in processing errors.
Full Relationship View
To give you the added convenience of being able to do all your banking in one place, our upgraded digital banking platform will provide a full relationship view. This means that any MVCU account associated with your social security number (primary, joint, or business) will show under one login, with some exceptions like minor, beneficial, and estate accounts. We highly recommend that you review your current ownership of accounts prior to the upgrade to understand what you will now see under your login.
If you are joint on an account that you do not want to see in online or mobile banking. You will be able to hide the account.
Primary vs. Secondary Account Owners
The temporary password that will be used to access the upgraded platform for the first time will be based on the primary account owner's last 6 of SSN and birth year. If you are unsure if you are the primary account owner, you can check your monthly account statement. The name listed first is the primary owner. Secondary owners will be able to register to get their own digital banking login once registration is open, using their own social security number and birth year.
In order to provide a better and more secure online banking experience to our users, we support the following desktop browsers:
Google Chrome 2 most recent versions
Edge 2 most recent versions
Mozilla Firefox 2 most recent versions
Safari 2 most recent versions
Note: Internet Explorer will not be supported. Computers with Windows 7 and above have Edge pre-loaded.