The 2024 election season is underway!
There will be six open positions on the Board of Directors in 2024, each consisting of 3-year terms. The nominees selected by the Nominating Committee for the 2024 Annual Election are: Mukesh Dave, Ronald Guilmette, Joseph Kelleher, Arthur O'Dea, Arthur Osborn and Alexander Oski.
Members wishing to appear on the ballot may submit a petition to the Nominating Committee, signed by the lessor of 1% of the members or 500, but in no event fewer than 20 signatures. All nominations by petition must be received by the close of business on Friday, March 1, 2024. There will be no election by ballot when the number of candidates equals the number of open positions on the board. There will be no nominations from the floor allowed when there is at least one nominee for each position to be filled. The Annual Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 17, 2024, at 5:00 p.m.
To learn more about the requirements for the petition process, please view the Rules & Guidelines
Board of Directors
Nominating Committee Candidates for 2024 Board of Directors Election
- Master’s Degree in Management Engineering
- Currently working for a defense contractor as a design quality/supplier quality and procurement engineer.
- 30+ years in the engineering field; roles include quality engineer, component engineer, process engineer, supply chain engineer, and procurement engineer in several industries including telecom manufacturing, medical device manufacturing and defense contracting.
It has been a pleasure to serve on this credit union’s Board for the past 20 years and oversee its incredible growth and positive impact on our communities. If elected, I will continue to collaborate with the Board and drive MVCU forward so that it remains a financially sound community credit union that places the needs of its members first.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, University of Massachusetts
- Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Anna Maria College
- Retired Lt. Colonel Mass State Police, 31 years
- Chief of Police, Lawrence, Mass.
- Chief of Police, Merrimack College
- Director Massachusetts Police Leadership Institute, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Adjunct Professor, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Merrimack College Credit Union Treasurer
- Adjunct Professor, Merrimack College
- Law Enforcement Consultant
- Author, Massachusetts State Police Patrol Centennial Anniversary of the State Police Patrol and the First Training Class
As a retired police officer and native of Lawrence, Mass., serving the community has always been the priority of my work. I have now spent 11 years helping MVCU serve a growing member base. As part of this Board, I will continue to ensure that our communities and the members who live there are supported with state-of-the-art financial services and team members who will go above and beyond to meet their needs.
- 1998 Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service, Mediation Skills Training
- 1991 Cornell Negotiating Strategies
- 1973 U.S. Army Engineering School, Ft. Belvoir, VA
- 1971 Newton North High School
- FMCS Federal Mediator since 1998
- IBEW Business Manager 1990-1996
- IBEW Asst. Business Manager 1984-1990
- IBEW Treasurer/Executive Board 1981-1984
- Raytheon Company Electrician 1979-1984
- 1972-1978 26th MP Company, Army/National Guard
Since beginning my tenure on the RTN Federal Credit Union Board of Directors in 1990, I have had the pleasure of supporting our mission to bring accessible financial services to the communities that we serve. I believe that my 30+ years of experience helps me understand the financial landscape that we navigate today. I will utilize this experience to help our Board make informed decisions that will allow for our credit union to remain competitive and supportive of our members.
- BSME 1984 University of Vermont
- MS-CIM 19
- JD 1999 Massachusetts School of Law
- Senior Counsel, Gesmer Updegrove, LLP, Boston, Mass. (Patent Attorney)
- VP Operations and Legal Affairs, Bio2 Technologies Inc., Woburn, Mass. (Developer and manufacturer of implantable medical devices)
- Patent Counsel, Cognex Corporation, Natick, Mass. (Machine vision systems and software)
- AT&T/Lucent Technologies 1984 – 2001
For several years, I have been honored to serve the members of this incredible financial institution and play a role in its growth and advancement through numerous successful mergers. If elected, I will work with the Board, management and staff towards continuous improvement and member satisfaction as we welcome more members into our community.
- University of Massachusetts – Labor and Law
- St. Leo University – Business Management
- Harvard University – HTUP, Labor Economics
- Union Official in Labor Relations
- Director of Labor and Employee Relations/Compliance and HR Services
- Corporate Global Director of Labor Relations
- Consultant for the HR Policy Association
Born in Waltham and a lifelong New Englander, I have proudly served on the Board for three decades, ten as chairman. Throughout that time, I have helped the credit union grow and expand its services, adapting to the changing needs of our members and communities. I was named 2021 “Volunteer of the Year” by the Cooperative Credit Union Association. With my experience and dedication to the credit union philosophy, I plan to work with my fellow Board members to offer services that will support our members and team members as we continue to integrate following our recent merger.
Alexander R. Oski
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- MBA in Financial Management
- MVCU Director for 45 years
- Financial Specialist in the US Army Reserve for Six Years
- Engineering and Manufacturing Management at AT&T/Lucent Technologies
Having served on MVCU’s Board as chairman for several years, I have had the privilege of leading our credit union through many significant changes and growth opportunities. I have worked with many great directors and staff to provide our members with the financial services and tools they need to be successful in their lives. I look forward to continuing to support the long-term growth and success of MVCU.