Member IQ: ACH Update
Many members have asked for an improved and seamless process for both receiving direct deposits and making electronic payments. We heard you!
You are now able to set up payments from or direct deposits to any or all of your checking, savings, and/or club accounts. You get to decide where your money goes. To do that, we have added a unique ACH Account Number to most accounts. A small number of members may receive a letter from their merchant or employer verifying this new ACH Account Number.
If you already have payments and deposits set up, you don’t have to do anything. To set up new payments or deposits, you will use your account’s new unique ACH Account Number.
A unique ACH Account Number has been added to each checking account, savings account, and club account.
Your ACH Account Number is different than your Member Number. Your Member Number has not changed: The Member Number you received when you joined MVCU is still yours!
What the ACH Account Number means for you
- For Direct Deposits and ACH payments that you have already set up: You do not need to take any action! A small number of members may receive a letter from their merchant or employer verifying the ACH Account Number. If you receive a letter, you should respond that they can proceed with the new ACH Account Number.
- For future Direct Deposits and ACH payments: Please use the ACH Account Number of the account you’d like to use.
Where you can find your ACH Account Number
- Online Banking: The ACH Account Number is located in the Account Details Tab of each account.
- Mobile Banking: The ACH Account Number can be found by tapping on the “Show Details” button in the upper righthand corner of each account.
- Checks: The ACH Account Number is printed on the bottom of checks ordered through MVCU.
- Detailed instructions for locating the ACH Account Number for each of your accounts can be found at mvcu.com/direct-deposit.
We understand that you may have questions! To help, here are answers to the most frequently asked:
- What routing number do I use when setting up a new ACH or Direct Deposit? MVCU’s routing number is 211384926.
- When do I use my member number vs. my ACH Account Number? You use your Member Number to register your online banking account and verify your identity if you call the Member Support Team. You use your ACH Account Number to set up direct deposits and/or electronic payments.
- I have more than one account. Can I now set up Direct Deposit and/or electronic payments to any of them? Yes! You can now choose the account that you want the deposits made to or payments made from.
- Can I set up direct deposits to my club account? Yes! Now that your club account has its own ACH Account Number, you can deposit funds directly into it.
You do not need to take any action as your scheduled electronic payments and Direct Deposits will continue to process as normal. If you have additional questions, our Member Support Team can be reached during business hours at 800-356-0067. Thank you for your membership.
Back to News Page