On Friday. Nov. 3, Merrimack Valley Credit Union (MVCU) participated in the Kasasa® Best Day Ever campaign, which encouraged financial institutions across the country to initiate acts of kindness with the goal of initiating 100,000 acts of kindness. The campaign recorded more than 300,000 acts of kindness nationwide.
MVCU team members from every branch and department participated in Best Day Ever by holding a Random Acts of Kindness Day within the communities the credit union serves, from Seabrook, N.H. to Fairhaven, Mass. Here are some examples of what MVCU team members did to spread kindness to community members:
• In Plaistow, N.H., MVCU team members delivered flowers to the Plaistow Emergency Room and pizza to the Plaistow firefighters on Elm Street.
• MVCU’s Haverhill branch paid for a community member’s groceries at Market Basket.
• In Methuen, Mass., the Methuen branch team donated pet supplies to the MSPCA at Nevins Farm.
• MVCU’s Human Resources department delivered winter accessories to the Lazarus House in Lawrence, Mass, and the credit union’s Member Support department delivered school supplies to the Parthum School in Lawrence, Mass.
• MVCU’s Fairhaven branch delivered flowers to the Southcoast Health System in New Bedford, Mass.
• In Plymouth, Mass., MVCU’s Plymouth branch team made several stops, dropping off goods to the Salvation Army, delivering lunch to the Plymouth Police department, handing out gift cards at a local Panera Bread and bringing school supplies to the Magical Years Early Learning Center.
These are only a few of the many ways that MVCU engaged with its communities! “I was blown away by our Random Acts of Kindness event, we had almost 100 team members participate in more than 300 acts of kindness,” said MVCU Marketing Specialist Olivia Pink, who organized MVCU’s Random Acts of Kindness Day. “It just reinforces how awesome of a team we have at Merrimack Valley Credit Union and how important it is for our team members to give back to the communities that we serve.”